For anyone who is a doomsday prepper, you’ve come to the wrong type of go bag article. Hours without wifi is more my idea of a disaster (unless I’m choosing to unplug).
There are 2 bags that make all travel much easier and simpler to plan to travel.
Toiletries Go Bag:
This is fairly simple, take everything you use in a day (except prescriptions) and buy a duplicate. Toss it in a dop kit or bag of any sort and keep it packed at all times.
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Razor & Replacement Blades
- Hair Brush & Hair Product
- Cotton Swabs
- Shoe Shine Kit
- Sewing Kit
Outside of the typical above, I also have:
- Headache Medicine
- Allergy Medicine
- Nail Clippers (can double as a scissors in a pinch)
- Bug Bite Relief
These few things have made packing so much less stressful since I toss this in a bag and a few clothing articles and can be out the door in a few minutes.
Tech Go Bag:
This is more obsessive, but more expensive to grab and find a store that sells when traveling.
- Power Brick (3 plugs / 2 USB plugs)
- 13k mah Backup Battery
- 2 Phone Charging Cables
- 1 Accessory Charging Cable
- Noise Canceling Headphones w/ Charger
- 2 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- 1 Wired Earbuds
- 1 Adapter for wired & noise canceling headphones
- SD Memory Card
- Universal SD Card Reader
- USB A -> USB C Adapter
- Business Cards
- Bunch of napkins (it’s the father in me)
International Add On:
- Power Adapter
- Water Purifying Tablets (if needed based on country)
Do I sometimes rob these kits at home, yes, but I am much more particular about putting things back in their place so I don’t land somewhere and not have something I really need.
If we can remove all of the decisions and small things from our decision making when we plan, the end result is so much easier and better for our health and the emotional health of those around us.
Note: The image above is not my bag.